If you’re like me and still trying use up excess cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving, here’s an idea! I usually eat raw for breakfast but some days I’m just not into it, especially as the mornings grow colder. And that’s okay! On the days I eat hot foods for breakfast I’m usually satisfied with a simple salad for lunch. As you’ll hear me say time and time again, aknowledging your body’s needs is far more important than following some strict guidlines set by your ego.
I’ll get to it. This oatmeal was super yummy and still contained some of the fruit I like to enjoy in the morning. This recipe is vegan, gluten free (if using gluten free oats), soy free, and processed sugar free (depending on how you prepared your cranberry sauce. I used maple syrup and honey in mine.)
1 cup water
1 cup quick oats
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt (Or to taste)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Dash of allspice
1 TBLS honey or pure maple syrup
2 TBLS cranberry sauce
2 TBLS chopped pecans
- Heat water in sauce pan on stove.
- Chop apple into small pieces and add to water. Simmer for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add honey (Or maple), vanilla, sea salt, cinnamon, allspice. Simmer for a minute or 2 more.
- Add oats. Stir and heat to desired consistency. (I like mine more towards uncooked so I usually turn off the heat right after I add the oats.)
- Spoon on cranberry sauce and mix in as much as you like. (I like mine to stay in “globs” and to not be mixed in well.)
- Top with chopped pecans and enjoy!
Drop a ccomment with how you use up extra cranberry sauce! ❤