I make cauliflower A LOT. If you know me, you already know this so I’ll hold the explanation. I’ve tried other recipes for baked breaded cauliflower but they fell short. They were either too wet and the breading fell off, or adding sauce made the breading fall off. I decided to try using my go to pizza crust recipe, with a couple of modifications, and was quite pleased with the outcome! This will definitely be happening again in my house very soon. You could also use any sauce you like with them. I may try buffallo next time! So here it is! This recipe is Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Processed Sugar Free, and Corn Free.
Gluten Free- Vegan Baked Breaded Cauliower in Sweet&Spicy Asian Sauce
1 head of cauliflower. (On the smaller side or you may run out of batter.)
For breading batter:
1 cup +1/4 cup Bob’s gluten free baking flour.
3/4 cup water
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ginger
1/2 cup coconut aminos
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup broth
2 TBLS pure maple syrup
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less for desired spiciness. My 6yr old said it was spicy. Haha)
2 TBLS cool water with 1 tsp tapioca starch mixed in
- Preheat over to 400°. Break or cut cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- Mix together all breading batter ingredients except the 1/4 cup flour. (I use my blender for a second to make sure there are no clumps.)
- Place cauliflower pieces in large mixing bowl and coat in the extra 1/4 cup flour
- Pour batter mixture into bowl and gently toss cauliflower until well coated.
- Place coated cauliflower on a well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake another 5-10 minutes.
- For sauce, add all ingredients except sesame oil and tapioca starch+water.
- Heat on low 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients stiring until thickened to desired consistency.
- Put baked cauliflower in a mixing bowl and pour sauce over, tossing gently until coated. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy this as much as my family did! ❤