Okay guys. This one came out SO good I’m actually shocked. I wanted to make my breaded cauliflower wings today (recipe can be found in my recent recipe posts) but I wanted to try a new “wing” sauce. I used to love the garlic parmesan boneless wings from Buffalo Wild Wings, so I figured I’d give some garlic parmesan a shot. I was feeling the power of inspiration as I moved quickly through making the sauce. I didn’t even Google to see what other vegans use! Most vegans still use ingredients that I don’t so I’m usually on my own anyway. I wrote down each ingredient as I went. It came out better than I could have imagined and I didn’t even have to adjust! Score!! Now I want to eat this on everything. Maybe I should just eat it with a spoon. I’m thinking of making popcorn chickpea “chicken” to put this sauce on next time! A word of advice, you may want to double the recipe because it’s THAT good. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, soy free, corn free, and processed sugar free.
1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
2 garlic cloves whole +2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup water +1/4 cup water
2 TBLS chopped onion
1 TBLS olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon juice
Pinch curry powder
(I have found the curry and tumeric replace a bit of the “cheesy” flavor. But literally, just use a tiny bit. More is not better.)
- Add all ingredients except minced garlic and 1/4 cup water to small sauce pan.
- Simmer on low-medium for 10 minutes.
- Put into blender and blend until smooth.
- Add back to sauce pan. Shake 1/4 cup water in blender cup (to get any extra sauce left over) then add to pan.
- Add minced garlic and heat on low for 5 mins. You can add more water a tsp at a time if you want a thinner sauce.
- Remove from heat and use however you wish!
This was seriously SUPER delicious. Let me know if you try it!! ❤