It’s that time of year where everyone is passing around viruses. I caught a little cold virus from my kids and was feeling pretty BLAH for a few days. When I get that way I mostly want soup, or hot veggies. Thus, I made up this simple ramen for lunch yesterday. Packed with nutrition and healing goodness, this recipe is vegan, gluten free, soy free, processed sugar free, and corn free.
Vegan Gluten Free Ramen (for one)
1 carrot (sliced thin then chopped)
1.5 cups of water
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried chives (plus extra for garnish)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp sea salt (more to taste if desired)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1/8 cup onions
3/4 cup red cabbage
One baby bella mushroom
One square of millet & brown rice ramen. (I use Lotus brand.)
- Put all ingredients except noodles in small sauce pan.
- Heat on low-medium for 10 minutes or until carrot has softened.
- Turn heat to low and add noodles.
- Cover and cook until noodles are softened, checking often as these noodles overcook easily. (Roughly 5 minutes)
- Remove from heat and serve topped with extra chives.
Hope you enjoy!