We haven’t had our Chickpea tofu aka “chicken” in a while here. I was trying to think up something new for us and have been craving greens pretty badly today. Thus, this delicious creation was born!
Since I have already posted my recipe for chickpea tofu I’ll just include a link instead of retyping it all out. https://intentionalexistenceblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/15/soy-free-tofu-chickpea-tofu/
The only difference is that I shaped them to look like chicken breast cutlets instead of cutting them into strips before cooking.
I placed the “chicken” over a bed of quinoa topped with fresh chopped greens, and drizzled with a creamy lemon-garlic sauce. (Recipe below) This recipe is vegan, gluten free, soy free, corn free, and processed sugar free. Hope you enjoy!
Vegan chickpea “chicken” with creamy lemon-garlic sauce.
Creamy Lemon-Garlic Sauce:
1 cup broth
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 TBLS raw unsalted cashews
2 TBLS olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp honey or pure maple syrup
Juice from one lemon (I got 1/4th cup.)
1/4 cup water + 1 TBLS tapioca starch mixed in
***For the chickpea “chicken” recipe follow link. Shape into cutlets instead of cutting into strips before baking.
3 cups cooked quinoa
3 cups (or more) of your favorite salad greens, chopped
- Prepare chickpea “chicken” as described in above link.
- Put all sauce ingredients into small sauce pan, except lemon juice and water+tapioca starch mix.
- Simmer in pan on low-medium for 10 minutes.
- Place in blender. Add lemon juice.
- Blend until creamy. Will be a bit “runny”
- Place back in sauce pan, adding the water+tapioca starch mixture.
- Heat on low stiring continuously until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Place prepared quinoa on plate, add greens, then top with chickpea “chicken” (I cut mine first) then drizzle with sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!!