When I was working full time my husband was a stay at home dad. He’s a great cook but with chasing three kids around, he didn’t always have time to make elaborate meals. Needless to say, we ate A LOT of Hamburger Helper. I was stumped on what to make for dinner tonight so when I asked my husband what he used to make, he reminded me how much we all loved Hamburger Helper! Thus, I decided to create a type of creamy Vegan Helper! It consists of gluten free (Brown rice) noodles, a cauliflower based cream sauce, with sauteed mushrooms and green pepper. Pretty simple and totally tasty! This recipe is vegan, gluten free, soy free, sugar free, and nut free.
1 cup water
3-4 garlic cloves
1 cup cauliower (chopped)
3/4 cup onion (chopped)
1 tsp sea salt (I ended up adding more but I am a salt freak.)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 small yellow potato (cubed)
1 TBLS olive oil
1.5 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
Pinch curry powder
1 TBLS lemon juice
1 bag gluten free pasta
1 TBLS Olive oil
2 cups chopped baby Bella mushrooms
1 green pepper (cut to your liking)
1/2 tsp sage
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp onion powder
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta by package directions.
- Put all sauce ingredients in small sauce pan. Simmer for 10-15 mins.
- Remove from heat. Place in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in larger pan. Add remaining ingredients, except green pepper, and sautee 5-10 minutes.
- Add green pepper and sautee to desired tenderness. I like mine rather crisp. If you like yours well done you can add at the same time as other ingredients.
- Add pasta and sauce to mushroom mixture, combine well and serve immediately. Enjoy!