Hey friends!!! It’s been awhile since I’ve added any recipes to my blog!! I’ve been sharing many of them over in Facebook land! ADD ME! Ruth Phillips! Or “like” my page at Intentional Existence Ruth, to stay up to date!
SOOOooo Summer is coming to an end and I don’t know about you, but I’m REALLY feeling the fall vibes lately! This is my favorite time of year! Still warm, but you start to sense the changing season. I LOVE IT!
I decided to play around with a quick, easy, pumpkin curry today. I’ve never tried one before, and I had a can of pumpkin I needed to use up, so here we are! Curry is one of my favorite fall dishes, all those cozy spices…. but if you know me, you know I make curry about once a week, year round. 😀 This turned out really yummy and I’m happy too share with all of you! Go easy one me as I’m in no manner a trained cook. I work solely on intuition 90% percent of the time! This recipe is vegan, gluten free, and processed sugar free. I hope you enjoy!
Vegan Pumpkin Sweet Potato Curry
1 onion, chopped
1 TBLS olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
3 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 cup broth
2 medium-large carrots, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
2 TBLS curry
1/2-3/4 tsp clove
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Sea Salt to taste
1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained
1 15oz can of pumpkin
1 refilled 15oz can of almond milk
1 TBLS tapioca starch
1/8 cup coconut oil
2 TBLS pure maple syrup
1 TBLS Lemon Juice
One bunch of cilantro (or to taste)
Optional – a couple of dashes of cayenne pepper to spice it up!
- Sauté onion in olive oil for a few minutes then add minced garlic.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots, and spices.
- Cover and cook on medium heat 5-10 minutes or until veggies are almost done. (Add water if need be)
- Add chickpeas, and pumpkin.
- Pour almond milk into can and add tapioca starch and coconut oil. Mix well then add to pan.
- Add maple and lemon, mix well.
- Heat for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Top with cilantro and enjoy!
Are you a fan of curry? Tell us in the comments what your favorite type of curry is!!