I grew up eating frozen pot pies fairly often. Back when they still came in a metal pie pan and you actually baked them in the oven. My current diet doesn’t allow for most pre-made foods, so I had to come up with my own version. And well, I’m kind of a lazy cook. I’m also self taught and rather uneducated in the “ways” of cooking. So bear with me!! My family really enjoyed this recipe and I hope yours does too. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, soy free, corn free, and processed sugar free.
Vegan Gluten Free Lazy Pot Pie
4 medium potatoes
2 large carrots
1 small onion
1 garlic clove, minced
½ cup mushrooms
1 tsp seas salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp celery seed
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp parsley
¼ tsp paprika
½ cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked (at least 2 hours)
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp tapioca starch
½ cup almond milk
1 cup oat flour
1 cup gluten free baking mix (I use Bob’s)
½ tsp sea salt
2 tbls olive oil
2 tbls coconut oil
½ cup water
- Cut veggies to desired size. Add all of them to pot. Add enough water just to cover the veggies.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, celery seed, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, paprika.
- Cook on medium heat until veggies are tender. Drain some water if there is a lot left. You don’t want it ti be too soupy when you add the cashew mixture!
- In blender add cashews, water, lemon juice, tapioca starch, and almond milk. Blend well until smooth.
- Add blender mix to pot. Simmer until thickened a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl add all crust ingredients.
- Roll out to desired thickness (should be the size of whatever casserole dish you are using.) Poke holes with a fork.
- Pour base into casserole dish.
- Gently place crust on top of casserole.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness of crust. Remove from oven and serve.
Okay guys. This one came out SO good I’m actually shocked. I wanted to make my breaded cauliflower wings today (recipe can be found in my recent recipe posts) but I wanted to try a new “wing” sauce. I used to love the garlic parmesan boneless wings from Buffalo Wild Wings, so I figured I’d give some garlic parmesan a shot. I was feeling the power of inspiration as I moved quickly through making the sauce. I didn’t even Google to see what other vegans use! Most vegans still use ingredients that I don’t so I’m usually on my own anyway. I wrote down each ingredient as I went. It came out better than I could have imagined and I didn’t even have to adjust! Score!! Now I want to eat this on everything. Maybe I should just eat it with a spoon. I’m thinking of making popcorn chickpea “chicken” to put this sauce on next time! A word of advice, you may want to double the recipe because it’s THAT good. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, soy free, corn free, and processed sugar free.
Vegan Garlic Parmesan Sauce
1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
2 garlic cloves whole +2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup water +1/4 cup water
2 TBLS chopped onion
1 TBLS olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp lemon juice
Pinch curry powder
(I have found the curry and tumeric replace a bit of the “cheesy” flavor. But literally, just use a tiny bit. More is not better.)
- Add all ingredients except minced garlic and 1/4 cup water to small sauce pan.
- Simmer on low-medium for 10 minutes.
- Put into blender and blend until smooth.
- Add back to sauce pan. Shake 1/4 cup water in blender cup (to get any extra sauce left over) then add to pan.
- Add minced garlic and heat on low for 5 mins. You can add more water a tsp at a time if you want a thinner sauce.
- Remove from heat and use however you wish!
This was seriously SUPER delicious. Let me know if you try it!! ❤