It’s been a while since I posted a new recipe so I thought TODAY was as good a time as any! I’ve been really staying busy with my coaching business and I’ve been working on a couple of other projects as well. (Stay tuned!) Last week I had a free “Vegan Hacks” event on Facebook where I shared my favorite ways of staying vegan without feeling deprived! I meant to share my Vegan Alfredo recipe on the last day but I ran out of cashews and had no photo to share!! SO here we have it!! I hope you enjoy this cauliflower & cashew based Alfredo sauce! This recipe is vegan, gluten free, soy free, processed sugar free, and free from preservatives and additives!
EASY Vegan Alfredo Sauce
1 head of cauliflower
1/4 cup Raw Unsalted Cashews
5-6 garlic cloves (depending on size)
1TBLS olive oil
Broth (enough to mostly cover cauliflower in pan. 1.5-2 cups works for me. Water will work as well.)
Juice from half a lemon
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion power
1 tsp sea salt
pepper to taste
1 package of your favorite gluten free pasta
(For this recipe I also added some sautéed mushrooms and green peppers! Totally optional!)
- Break apart cauliflower. Add to pan with cashews, garlic cloves, and broth.
- Heat to boiling. Cook for 10-15 mins or until cauliflower is soft. (To keep more of the nutrients in the cashews you can presoak them for at least 2 hours prior, and exclude them from the boil.)
- Prepare pasta by package directions.
- Remove cauliflower boil from heat. Add to blender or food processor.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients and blend well until smooth.
- Top your pasta with your vegan Alfredo and enjoy! <2