It’s been a while since I posted a new recipe so I thought TODAY was as good a time as any! I’ve been really staying busy with my coaching business and I’ve been working on a couple of other projects as well. (Stay tuned!) Last week I had a free “Vegan Hacks” event on Facebook where I shared my favorite ways of staying vegan without feeling deprived! I meant to share my Vegan Alfredo recipe on the last day but I ran out of cashews and had no photo to share!! SO here we have it!! I hope you enjoy this cauliflower & cashew based Alfredo sauce! This recipe is vegan, gluten free, soy free, processed sugar free, and free from preservatives and additives!
EASY Vegan Alfredo Sauce
1 head of cauliflower
1/4 cup Raw Unsalted Cashews
5-6 garlic cloves (depending on size)
1TBLS olive oil
Broth (enough to mostly cover cauliflower in pan. 1.5-2 cups works for me. Water will work as well.)
Juice from half a lemon
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion power
1 tsp sea salt
pepper to taste
1 package of your favorite gluten free pasta
(For this recipe I also added some sautéed mushrooms and green peppers! Totally optional!)
- Break apart cauliflower. Add to pan with cashews, garlic cloves, and broth.
- Heat to boiling. Cook for 10-15 mins or until cauliflower is soft. (To keep more of the nutrients in the cashews you can presoak them for at least 2 hours prior, and exclude them from the boil.)
- Prepare pasta by package directions.
- Remove cauliflower boil from heat. Add to blender or food processor.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients and blend well until smooth.
- Top your pasta with your vegan Alfredo and enjoy! <2
I’ve never been a big soup eater until recent years. I’m not sure why. I really was missing out! This weekend I was sick and craving soup! Normally one might get takeout, buy a can of soup at the store, or ask a relative to make their special soup. These aren’t options for me due to my dietary preferences. The last thing I wanted to do was stray from what I know works for my body, and possibly end up even more ill! So I scraped myself out of bed to create this hearty and delicious broccoli “cheddar” soup! I hope you enjoy! This soup is vegan, gluten free, soy free, and processed sugar free.
Vegan Broccoli “Cheddar” Soup
2 medium yellow potatoes (chopped)
2 medium carrots (chopped)
1/3 cup onion (chopped) + 1/2 cup onion (diced)
1 clove garlic + 1 clove minced garlic
1 TBLS olive oil + 1 TBLS olive oil
2 cups broth
2-3 cups chopped broccoli
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
1 TBLS tapioca starch
3 TBLS lemon juice
1 1/4 tsp onion powder
1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 cup cashew cream (recipe below)
1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 2+ hours before use)
1/2 cup water
- Drain cashews after they have been soaked for at least 2 hours. Add to blender with 1/2 cup water.
- Blend until smooth. Keep refrigerated.
- In a sauce pan add potatoes, carrots, 1 garlic clove, and 1/3 cup chopped onion to boiling water. Boil until soft.
- Drain and place in blender, adding almond milk, sea salt, tapioca starch, 1 TBLS olive oil, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, curry, turmeric, and paprika. Blend well, until smooth.
- In a soup/sauce pan heat one TBLS olive oil.
- Add 1/2 cup of diced onion and one minced garlic clove. Sautee until softened.
- Add broth and broccoli to pan. Heat on low-medium until broccoli is to your favored tenderness. I heated about 10 minutes.
- Add the “cheddar” blender mixture to pan, stir well. Heat 2-5 minutes on low-medium.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cashew cream. Remove from heat and serve. 🙂
Let me know what you think!!! My family really enjoyed this one. ❤